The Avocado Club Recipe Book
No.1 Sweet & Spicy Salmon Salad
By Brandon Fassberg
We’ve been having so much fun in The Avocado Club kitchen (the founder’s small apartment in Queens) creating deliciously-unique recipes to celebrate the launch of Hottee Aguacatee hot sauce!
Our first original recipe is the Sweet & Spicy Salmon Salad. Featuring a generous heaping of very healthy ingredients that are guaranteed to give you all the energy and positivity you need to take on the world (too dramatic?)
Here is what you can expect to see once you’ve completed the following recipe (wait, that’s a really cool rhyme):
- Mixed greens
- Cherry tomatoes (multi-color)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 Avocado
- Wild salmon filet
- 1/4 TSP sea salt
- 1/2 TSP cumin
- 1/4 TSP garlic powder
- 1/2 TSP coriander
- 1/2 TSP toasted lemon zest
- 1/2 TSP ground black pepper
- 2-3 strawberries
- 1 TBS avocado oil
- 1/2 TBS olive oil
- Hottee Aguacatee Hot Sauce ;)
1. Prepare your mixed greens on a large dinner plate.
2. Grab a handful of cherry tomatoes and slice them length-wise once. Season generously with ground black pepper.
3. Add cherry tomatoes to the top of your salad.
4. Place your walnuts in the air fryer. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle cinnamon over walnuts. Cook in air fryer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove toasted walnuts from air fryer and place on cutting board. Chop until you reach a desired size. Pour over the salad.
6. Get a small bowl to prepare your salmon seasoning.
7. Add your sea salt, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, garlic powder, coriander, and toasted lemon zest. Mix until blended.
8. Place salmon filet on paper towel to dry completely.
9. Drizzle a touch of olive oil on both sides then begin to apply seasoning to the inner side of the filet. Be sure to cover all of that natural orange color with seasoning and cover the sides as well.
10. Heat your pan to a medium-high heat and place your avocado oil in the pan. Move it about so that it’s spread all over.
11. Add your seasoned salmon filet (skin side down) to the pan. You should hear a healthy sizzle! Cook for 2 minutes and then flip for an additional 2 minutes. This is a good time to slice up some avocado while you wait!
12. Place cooked salmon on top of salad.
13. Add sliced strawberries along side of salmon filet.
14. Drizzle a healthy serving of Hottee Aguacatee hot sauce across the entire place (this will be your dressing too!).
15. *optional* finish with black sesame seeds.
So how does it look?
Run out of Hottee Aguacatee? Use code SHIPFREE2021 to get free shipping on your next bottle :)
No. 2 Spicy Avocado Salad
Created by The Rogue Brussel Sprout
Do you love the combination of sweet and spicy flavors? It’s such a fun, fresh pairing! This salad balances them in a fresh, juicy, crisp, and colorful format. There are actually two different salad dressings here: a sweet one (made with luscious, creamy yogurt and honey) and a spicy one (Hottee Aguacatee hot sauce, which is all about the sweet/heat combo!).